All tickets for The COMET are available at the Transit Center at the corner of Sumter and Laurel Street. Cash, commuter checks (No personal or business checks accepted), and major credit/debit cards are accepted there.
Transit Center Customer Service Hours
Weekdays from 7 am – 7 pm
Weekends from 8 am – 5 pm
All Day, 7 Day and 31 Day regular fare passes are available at the following Piggly Wiggly grocery stores from the Customer Service counter. Piggly Wiggly accepts, cash, or credit/debit.
6325 N. Main St.
3818 Devine St.
There are several fare options available for The COMET Fixed Route bus service:
- Standard one-way: $2.00
- All Day Pass: $4.00
- 7 Day Pass: $14.00
- 31 Day Pass: $40.00
- Senior Citizens: $1.00 (for those 65 & over with Valid Photo ID)
- Medicare Recipients: $1.00 (Medicare Card & Valid Photo ID)
- Children 15 & under: Free with valid COMET ID (If taller than the fare box a COMET ID is needed. Please call 803-255-7133 for details & an appointment
- 10 years old & under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please call 803-255-7135 or email (email@example.com) at least 48 hours in advance to place your order.
Eligible persons may get The COMET Half-Pass ID for free to use with Half-Fare Passes including All-day, 7-day, and 31-day cards. Half-Pass eligible passengers include veterans, seniors (65+), youth (ages 16 and 17), Medicare card holders, and persons with disabilities. Appropriate documentation is required to receive The COMET Half-Pass ID.
For the Half Pass Application, click the link below:
The COMET ID’s Are Made at the Transit Center:
- Call 803-255-7133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- U-Pass – A semester pass for college students for unlimited transit access
- A current, valid College ID is needed along with this pass.
How To Pay Your Fare
Click here to download an information sheet on how to pay your fare.
Senior Citizens Fares
Individuals 65 years old and older are also eligible for a discounted fare. You need only show a valid form of identification that includes a date of birth when boarding a bus. In addition, all individuals bearing a valid Medicare Card qualify for this discounted fare of $1.00.
Children 15 years old or younger ride free. Children 10 and under are not permitted to ride Fixed Route unless they are accompanied by a paying passenger. Children under 10 are not permitted to ride The COMET’s DART services unless an adult accompanies them for the duration of their trip.
Passes are valid for unlimited rides until service ends on the day it’s purchased.
Your pass must be validated the first time it is used. Just insert it into the transfer slot in the fare box. After initial use, simply swipe the card in the card reader.
Cards are encrypted with a “no share” feature and are not valid for more than one person.