The Central Midlands Transit (COMET) is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis on race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
It is the COMET’s objective to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color or national origin;
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations;
- Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making;
- Prevent the denial, reduction, or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations;
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
The General Manager, senior management and all supervisors and employees share the responsibility for carrying out COMET’s commitment to Title VI. The Title VI staff is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program and the Customer Service staff receives and investigates Title VI complaints that come through the complaint procedures process.
For additional information on COMET’s nondiscrimination obligations, please write to:
Central Midlands Transit (COMET)
Title VI Questions
PO Box 214
Columbia, SC 29202