NOTICE OF INTENT TO SOLE SOURCE
3613 Lucius Road, Columbia, SC 29201
When we (The COMET) ordered our 2010 New Flyer buses, they came equipped with USSC seating driver seats. The seats are in need of replacement. We will order replacement USSC driver seats unless your company can demonstrate that your seat is equivalent to or better than the USSC seat specification listed below.
• Bus Base – 4″ Flat Riser, CS, 12″ Slides, -036 Hole Pattern
• Black Lap Belt / Black Shoulder Belt – 9″ RH Receptor – Non-Detachable – Fixed
• Suspension – Standard Air
• Slide Release Style – Center Air Release
• Slide Button Configuration – Air Slide
• Switchbox Location – Right Hand Controls
• Lumbar Air Bag Configuration – 3 Lumbar
• Back Adjuster – Continuous Adjustment (Knob)
• Back Recline Angle – 15 Degrees (Standard)
• Back Style – Medium
• Back Foam – Poly
• Backshell – 3pt Medium Backshell
• Cushion Foam – Poly
• No Seat Alarm
• Headrest – Standard Black Vinyl
• Both Armrests – Front Adjuster – Black Vinyl
• Cover – Vinyl, Morbern H012 Black
Unless there is a cancellation of this solicitation, the order will be place on June 27, 2018, with USSC seating for eight (8) driver seats at $ 2,554.00 each. Notification, including a specification sheet as outlined above and price, must be received by 3:00 p.m. June 26, 2018, that your company has an equivalent or better driver seat than that listed above for the same or less price. The COMET will be the sole determinant of equivalent or better upon review of the specs.
The solicitation contact is Virginia Goodson. All correspondence must be in writing to Virginia Goodson at Virginia.goodson@catchTheCOMET.org.