The COMET Running Limited Service Until 8 P.M., To Resume at 6:30 A.M. on Thursday
The COMET was given clearance this afternoon to resume limited service on eight special routes. This service will be provided fare-free and will run until 8:00 P.M. this evening. This limited service will then resume at 6:30 A.M. on Thursday, October 8.
After consultation with emergency management, law enforcement and other officials, The COMET will use smaller vehicles to limit the weight on the road and maximize safety.
“We’ve been anxious to get back on the road to support our community in this time of need,” said Brian DeQuincey Newman, chairman of The COMET board of directors. “We have been working closely with first responders and emergency preparedness, and since they have given us the all-clear, we have begun limited service immediately. This service will be fare-free as we move through this crisis. We will continue to add back regular service as soon as possible.”
The following routes are available:
- Routes 101, 6, 30 and 31 travels N. Main St., Clement Rd., Fairfield Rd., Duke Ave. and Monticello Rd.
- Routes 42, 201 and 401 travels Garners Ferry Rd., Rosewood Dr. and S. Beltline.
- Routes 12, 15 and 16 travels Two Notch Rd., Decker Blvd and W. Beltline
- Routes 62, 63 and 601 travels Shop Rd., Bluff Rd. and Assembly Street
- Routes 34 and 34B travels Broad River Rd., Bush River Rd, Elmwood Ave, Greystone Blvd. and St. Andrews Rd.
- Routes 23 and 11 travels Bull Street and Farrow Rd.
- Routes 26 and 28 travels Knox Abbott, Airport Blvd., Sunset Blvd. and I-26.
- Route 55X travels Bull Street, I-277, Parklane Rd. and Two Notch Rd.